April 7, 2010

Guest Post: Raven Helps With A Fundraiser

Dear Sister Ruby-

I just want to share with you my recent adventures training for a potential service dog career. The person that I have on the other end of my leash brings me to a bunch of fundraising events, they are usually pretty interesting and I certainly get a lot of attention (being the handsome boy that I am). I have to say that the most recent one was a bit much. The Boulder County AIDS Project (BCAP) had an event and a local nail salon, 10-20 Salon, donated a portion of their proceeds.

I thought it was going to be a nice quiet time for a nap, eat some bon bons, you get the idea. But no such luck...there were M&Ms dropping on the floor, Diet Coke, and a lot of silliness that challenged my listening skills. I was good with my "DOWN," practiced "LEAVE" a lot, and once I grew accustomed to the smells I stopped sneezing, but I have to tell you...

Glamour can be so tiring.



Here they are, looking pretty good but you notice I have my paws covered...



Keeping myself out of the way...ignore the dog behind the curtain.



See you in class...

Signing off for now,
Raven, The Fashion King

All photos and copy courtesy of Barb...and Raven!

(For our new readers, Raven is Ruby's handsome brother and you can check out some more of his adventures here, here, here, and here.)

9 comments:

Copious Couture said...

What a gorgeous dog!!! Love this post so cute!!!

Carissa/Copious Couture

Toby- The dog with a blog said...

you look very pretty in coat!

Alphini's Puppy Raiser said...

Oh Raven, you must be braver than Alfie! Or maybe the ladies in the room weren't using OPI -- that most smelly polish of them all!

Great post & love the pictures...

childless mom said...

cute dog, great job!

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

What a PAWesome job woo did Raven!

Khongrats!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Life With Dogs said...

You know how to rub it in! :)

1000 Goldens said...

Raven, even my Mom couldn't resist M & M's falling on the floor so needless to say, you have the willpower of a champion! Good job helping with the fund raiser :)

TwoSpecialWires said...

Such self control ... at least they were M and M's. And not carob chips.

Hoping lots of funds were raised,
Jake and Fergi

KatieEGriffin said...

Raven is turning into such a handsome pup...and so well behaved! They grow up so fast!