September 21, 2010

Ode To Ruby's Long-Gone Puppy Bed

(What can I say, I'm starting to get sentimental.)

O Puppy Bed, how well you served.
Our wee Roo loved your hugging curves.


You were her favorite spot, no doubt.
For curling up or hanging out.


The finest place for little Roo
to have a snack or just a chew.


She loved you, Bed; her turf, her space.
Your tenant with a tough-girl face.


But all were welcome in her lair,
She had so many parties there!


When fun was done, she'd go to sleeps,
while settled in with all her peeps.


'Til one bad day. Things went awry.
To Puppy Bed, we said goodbye.


We had no choice, you got the boot.
It started with a tiny poot.
Then all was lost. You were corroded,
when Ruby's little butt exploded.

17 comments:

Amanda said...

Hilarious! Thanks for a good laugh. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Roo! You so loved that bed! So sorry to see it go.

Nicole said...

As I read this, I thought it was going to be a nice pictorial of Ruby growing and the bed getting smaller. Boy did I get that wrong! Hahaha.

Clive said...

Ruby, that was so well written! We really enjoyed it!

take care
Clive and Murray

Lisa, Ellie and Hosta said...

oh, so so funny! Sorry your little bed had to go Roo, but what an amazing tribute!

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

HaROOroooooo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Maybe it should be 'eau'd' ;=)

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

That was a great poem - we loved the photo of Ruby sleeping with her pals.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Pamela said...

I've gotta say that is the best poem about dog poo I've ever read!

Just loved it! And the pictures were priceless.

Dog Beds said...

So cute, I love the picture and the caption too...poor bed you will be missed by Ruby...^_^

Anonymous said...

Ruby sorry to hear about your puppy bed.

What a great poem and a great send off to your puppy bed.

1000 Goldens said...

Ohhhhhhhhh baby Roo! You melt my heart :)

Kari in WeHo said...

hahaha that was very funny

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Sierra Rose said...

Ohhhhhhhhh! Cute photos of Roo in the bed, especially with the one eyed..??? something or other...CUTE!
Sounds like a sudden bed departure? Explosions...didn't sound too good. You ok Ruby? Tummy irritations?

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Spangle said...

Since I have visited your blog and think it is lovely, really informed and interesting, so I have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award.

Please visit www.theolivareader.blogspot.com to find out all about it.

If you have recently received this award, please still feel free to comment on my blog.

Cami said...

I love this post! Thanks for the great laugh and cute photos. This is one of my very favorite blogs - thanks for sharing your journey with Ruby with each of us!

AVCr8teur said...

Cute poem and pictures! Is Roo getting a big girl's bed now?

Deborah Flick said...

Ruby is just gorgeous! I love looking at her!