Ruby was just a 4-month-old puppy when we celebrated NCFDD '09:
Sigh. Look at that baby. Forget the donuts, I could just eat her up.
This year, Mr. Raiser took Ruby on the same outing. Official NCFDD '10 Report:
1. Store was packed. A little girl shrieked with excitement when Ruby walked in. Roo, unfazed, walked right by.
2. Ruby sat quietly at the counter as Mr. Raiser ordered a couple of coffees and four donuts. (Yes, two people, four donuts. What? It's a holiday!)
3. Floor-level donut crumbs were tempting, glanced at, but ignored.
4. Unable to carry two coffees, four donuts, and a leash from the counter to the milk station, Mr. Raiser walked Ruby to the milks, put her in a "Sit/Stay," dropped the leash, walked back through the crowd to the counter, then returned to milk station. Roo stayed put.
5. Roo continued to stay put throughout the whole milking hustle and bustle, Mr. Raiser bagged up all the loot, rustled up Ruby, and successfully exited the store.
6. Mr. Raiser and Ruby returned home, were greeted by Kiva, and all three presented a sleepy Mrs. Raiser with a much-needed coffee and sugar fix. A successful NCFDD '10 was toasted with two gigantic bavarian cream-filleds, and tasty, celebratory snacks for the pooches.
Happy National Cream Filled Donut Day To All!