September 8, 2010

Preparing For BlogPaws

Teenagers. She wanted to go to BlogPaws as a brunette.


I reminded her how much fun she's had so far as a beautiful blonde; she couldn't argue with me!

So, as Ruby and I get ready to attend the BlogPaws 2010 West Conference here in Denver, I am thinking about this word, "Conference." I don't know where I've been, but it has just dawned on me that I am bringing Ruby to her first conference. Conferences are fun places where one chats and mingles and socializes, but one also needs to sit quietly and still for very long periods of time. And...AND...at this particular conference, there will be many other dogs attending the sessions.

Hmm.

"Quietly," "Still," "Many Other Dogs," and "Very Long Periods of Time" are words I haven't yet put together in one place in the course of Ruby's training. Well, we have to start somewhere, right? This is going to be...interesting! A fantastic training opportunity! Oh my dog, what am I in for?!! As always, you'll be with us – see you there!

8 comments:

Kari in WeHo said...

stay blonde!


-Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Maybe a streak or two of purple would be khool!

Have fun!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Alphini's Puppy Raiser said...

Ooohh, CONFERENCE!! This is like the Bonus Points Extra Credit Round of puppyraising. :-D Best of luck and yes, stay blonde, you're cute!

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

We prefer the blonde in you:) And we just know that Ruby and the Raiser will do wonderfully well at the conference.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Anonymous said...

That face is just too cute. Good Luck and have fun!
Love, Casey & Riley

Pamela said...

Good luck to you both. I'm sure Ruby will come through with flying colors.

One suggestion--I take my Golden to work (not a service dog). I feed her from a Tug-a-Jug first which tires her out enough to sleep in her crate until lunch. She's so quiet, most of my appointments don't even know she's in the room.

1000 Goldens said...

Please note: if you get 20 comments from me it's because my internet connection keeps stalling :) Roo-Roo, I love you just the way you are. Don't go changin' little sister. We know you'll make your raiser proud at the conference!

Anonymous said...

Ruby blondes do have more fun. We think your beautiful just the way you are.

You will be very good at the conference. Have fun and good luck to all. Were thinking about you.