January 17, 2010

Guest Post: Hiking With Raven

(Our regular readers know that Raven is Ruby's brother, but do you recognize him? He's gotten so big! And more handsome than ever.



His awesome mom, puppy raiser Barb, has been sending me photos and updates on Raven's progress and I'm really happy to be able to share them with you. All photos and copy courtesy of Barb & Tom. Enjoy!)




Here are some photos of the hike Tom and I took with Raven New Year's Day. We had a great chance to check some of the large farm animals off Raven's socialization checklist and I thought that we would share the photographic evidence of how well he did. Actually it was all good until the horses started eating his high value treats – the cheesy poufs – and then Raven walked away. Guess we need to work with him more about sharing better.

Introductions –"Raven meet the horses, horses this is Raven"



Raven thinks horses are pretty cool, until they get some of his treats!



And then there was a cow...



but two were starting to get scary; hard to keep an eye on both of them.



So we sat and just watched – but look momma, I am being brave!

7 comments:

Kari in WeHo said...

that looks like a great hike!

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Tank woo fur sharing that!

I would sooooo be going khrakhker dog ovFUR that!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sierra Rose said...

Raven IS beautiful! Love the farm animal introductions... and the high-value treats sound tasty!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Toby- The dog with a blog said...

Sounds like a fun hike, he sure looks pretty in those photos!

Clive said...

Lovely to meet Raven!

He did so well on his hike meeting all those farm animals.

Katie Griffin said...

Oh my goodness Raven is getting so big. I want to visit my parents just so I can come visit the puppies!

Farley's Mom said...

What a beauty he is :)