January 20, 2010

I Love To Amuse My Dog

I wanted to thank you all for your cute and funny emails and comments on a shot I ran in the last post. For those who missed it, here's Ruby doing her best Snoopy as she howls with laughter over yet another unfortunate choice by Charlie Brown...er, me.



Once upon another lifetime, when I lived back east, I knew how to pull myself together pretty nicely – not that you'd believe it by this picture! But I've lived out west for a while now, and I just CANNOT get the hang of properly attiring myself for the unpredictable weather in Colorado. It can drop 30° in a couple of hours out here and I have, like, a ridiculous 3° window of comfort. So I keep a closet's worth of different-weight stuff in the car, because at any given moment, I might need to layer up like Ralphie's brother. All this car-wear is practical rather than pretty and of course none of it ever matches.

Should you run into me while I'm on an outing with Ruby this winter, please feel free to mock and giggle at my uniform: Michelin Man poofy down jacket (size eeny, which is still giant on me because I am a shrimp), my new kindergartener's stripey wool hat (yep, the source of puppy hilarity – I bought it!), three layers of various colored fleeces, the ubiquitous green or black fanny pack filled with a stash of poo-bags, anti-bac wipes, and treats, and my beloved brown Frankenstein Clodhoppers. Clearly, rather than buy appropriate footwear to walk through snowbanks, I am trying my best to just elevate myself above them.

In sum, if you want advice on raising a service puppy, come here. If you want fashion advice, by all means, do not come here. However, for excellent advice on all things fashionable, by someone whose taste level is second to none, the person to visit is Liberty London Girl (www.libertylondongirl.com). Some of you already know her, or have even arrived here via her blog, as she's been a very kind supporter of Raising Ruby. Her posts cover an intriguing range of topics, and her humor and style is as engaging as her photography of the English countryside. And you're likely to come across a few adorable doggies while you're there, too!

8 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Nice chukhkling Ruby!

It is furry nice to have hoomans to entertain and amuse us!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Kari in WeHo said...

that pup does have a great laugh! i never know how to dress in snowy weather

The Thundering Herd said...

That's why we have a pet human, too, to keep us amused.

Naqvee said...

i love ruby! i can c her laugh

Liberty London Girl said...

Woof! Woof! Hello Ruby. Your walker looks splendid in her hat.
Love Posetta Baddog, Billy the whippet & Maudie the Jack Russell LLgxxx

Sierra Rose said...

Hi Ruby!!
We get it! Mom has a car stash of outerwear as well...but tends to like her green ski pants (for the rain), not matching blue raincoat, and some sort of non-waterproof head gear.... bags and treats stuffed in pockets... Gotta LOVE our hoomans!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Ms. ~K said...

Oooh, I need that hat for my next trip to Iditarod in March!!! As you know, it's hard to buy appropriate winter gear in the east, especially the southeast...that goodness for Cabela's on line!
Ruby is just jealous becasue you didn't buy a cool hat for her!
~K

Farley's Mom said...

So funny! Frankie boots rule!!