January 22, 2010

Pupdate From Camp Ruby

Looks like our intrepid camper is doing really well! Thanks to her puppy sitter, she's had some great new experiences. She's gotten up close and personal with cats and she's met her first horses. During her time as a furry little exchange student in high school, she's been behaving (mostly!) and she even got a chance to hang out out at the mall with the cool kids.

Enjoy some excerpts of the emails and pix I received from her puppy sitter:

"She's been wonderful – just kind of ambles around the house and sleeps. Hasn't gotten into anything or eaten anything she shouldn't! She's been extremely loyal, never lets us out of her sight."

"She's done pretty well in school too! I took her with me today and yesterday – she now speaks Spanish and knows her statistics and government."

"...she's a bit of a wiggle worm in class! She wasn't a problem by any means and my teachers love the dogs, but she was sure entertaining. She entertained herself by wrapping herself up around my chair, playing with a toy, and rolling around on her back beneath the desk. Once she got her sillies out she settled just fine."

"She was also quite surprised by the horses! They were watching her at the fence and surprised her, so she jumped clear up in the air and started barking. I had her sit and she stopped barking, but boy was she perplexed!"

"And she loves tv! She was sitting in the living room all by herself this morning staring at a commercial for Beneful dog food."

"The first picture is her with my dog Riko. (Boy did they play!)"



"Ruby settling in quite comfortably on my friend's lap..."



"...her first reaction to Trinity (our cat) checking her out haha."



"...then her talking with one of our cats."



"In front of the Sephora, she liked the make up store..."
(Ha, that's my girl! -RR)



"...and then at my desk in Spanish. I tried to zoom out a little bit but the little wiggle worm blurred the other pictures haha."


10 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Oh Ruby!

Woo are one lukhky girl if woo got to meet AND play with that handsome Riko!

WOW WOW WOW!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

Toby- The dog with a blog said...

Sounds like Ruby is having a pawsome time!
Looking good in the pictures:)

Clive said...

Ruby

I love the photo of you 'talking with the cat'!

Sounds like you're learning lots and having a great time.

take care
Clive

The OP Pack said...

Sounds like camp is suiting her quite well. And Riko - wow - is he ever a handsome boy!!!

Happy Friday, Phantom and Thunder

Farley's Mom said...

Can Ruby come to camp at my house?

Rachel said...

Sounds like she's handled a lot of new experiences VERY well.Funny about the horses... they can really freak a dog out the first time. haha

Whidbey Woman said...

:) I love all the pictures. The one of Ruby and the cat is priceless.

The Thundering Herd said...

Of course Ruby and Riko played - we Sibes know how to PLAY! But we probably would struggle with that whole assistance dog thing. Grins.

Lauren and Bright II said...

Sounds like she is doing GREAT!

Twix said...

I want to go camping with Ruby next time. Whenever I have to go "camping" I just go spend the night at the V.E.T. kennel. Not fair!
Snuggles,
Twix