January 6, 2011

Welcome!

Each day brings new friends who visit Raising Ruby for the first time; I'm glad you're here to share in the story of our journey. Ruby came to us at 10 weeks old when her tiny cape was barely the size of my hand...although the strap struggled to fit her big puppy belly!


As a service puppy in training, she has full public access and she definitely gets around – from the fitting room, to the firehouse, the car wash, and even the Kong factory!

So check out the sidebar, get to know baby Roo during those first few weeks, and have fun clicking around our blog. You'll find lots of puppy smiles as Ruby makes her way toward becoming a service dog for a person with a disability.

As I receive word on Ruby's progress in Advanced Training, I'll post updates, then archive them monthly in the "Pupdates!" area of the sidebar. If I'm also lucky enough to see photos of her peeking from my inbox, you'll find them here and on Twitter.

Many thanks to all of our friends, old and new. Enjoy your visit and be sure to add us to your blog readers – when I hear from news from Roo, you will too!