July 30, 2009

Oh Hello!



Meet the new snoot in the family! Ruby is a service puppy for Canine Partners of the Rockies in Colorado, she's a lab/golden mix, and she came to us at 10 weeks old. I'm on the other end of the leash, raising and training her for 18 months or so. Hopefully at that time, she'll be ready to move on and learn the advanced skills she'll need to assist a person with a disability.

You'll want to click on that photo above to enlarge and see her licorice jellybean nose in all its glory. Trust me.

Hope you'll check in and keep up with us. We'll all see if I can keep up with her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruby you are a cutie. We happen to know your Puppy Raiser. We are very proud and love her very much. You will get the best training. Good luck to you and someday you will be with a special person who will need you.
M&D

Anonymous said...

What a button nose! I hope you become a full-fledged service dog and someday can provide assistance to someone. I know you can do it!

Carly Findlay said...

I thought I'd go to the start to see where Ruby began.
She is adorable.
You have a great privilege raising her, and someone special is going to be very lucky to have her help them.