July 2, 2010

Treats

We've had a lot of visitors and house guests recently, which is a treat for us. It's also a treat for some lucky dogs.


I'm sure you'll wonder why I'm telling this story, but...

In her later years, my grandmother rented an upstairs apartment in the house of a young couple who lived on the main floor. One day, I arrived for a visit and found my grandmother inside the vestibule sorting the mail. There were two piles – one pile with a copy of the Victoria's Secret catalog on top, the other stack was topped with an AARP magazine. I asked Grandma whose pile was whose. I remember how she started to laugh, she just got a kick out of the thought.

This pic brought me right back to that moment.


Thank you to Kiva and Ruby's Grrrandma and Grrrandpa for the yummy treats...and for the memory of my own Grandma from so many years ago!

8 comments:

Heather and Ellie said...

Someone's going to need some rehab soon :)

Love the story! It fits your scenario PERFECTLY!!

karen said...

too funny!!

Lori Jablons said...

Love this post! The Puppy Crack packaging made me laugh out loud.

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Thanks fur the smiles1

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

BOL - that was such a cute post. Made us smile.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

1000 Goldens said...

That is soooooooo funny :) Love it!

Lisa, Ellie and Hosta said...

So funny - and what lucky puppies!

Twix said...

Hmmm....I think I need some of that Puppy Crack. My parents call me "Crack head dog" on occasions. Thanks for sharing a wonderful memory.
Snuggles,
Twix