June 23, 2010

Mr. Raiser, Ruby, And The Conference Call


Last week, Ruby accompanied me (Mr. Raiser) to work. It's always great having her with me; everyone in the office is interested in her progress, and she did very well, staying under my desk most of the day. At noon I had a conference call and while I was on the phone, Ruby discovered there was a fly in my office. She was extremely interested in the fly, and while she is excellent with, and would have responded to, the command "leave it," I really could not "give it" since I was leading the call. Ruby chased the fly around my office, creating a small (big) ruckus and I was quickly hitting mute in between sentences to try to silence the crashes. Eventually the situation resolved itself when the fly met an unfortunate demise.

Thank you, Ruby, for performing a great service and preventing the fly from interrupting the workflow for the rest of the day and perhaps the next day also.

12 comments:

Alphini's Puppy Raiser said...

Ruby is talented! :)

Kari in WeHo said...

she had your best interests at heart :)

Heather and Ellie said...

What would you do without her?! :)

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Ahhh, such a good puppy - some pup had to do it.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

The Thundering Herd said...

Chuckling. The hu-dad works from home about a day a week - usually Fridays - and tries to schedule all of his conference calls for that day. We help by providing the music on hold. Well, except, sometimes we forget to wait for the hold part.

1000 Goldens said...

All in a day's work, right Roo Roo? Must protect your raiser no matter what!

Lisa, Ellie and Hosta said...

Ruby is such a character!

Whidbey Woman said...

Fly catching should be allowed under certain circumstances. Hate those darn things!

Sue said...

When is my niece, Ruby, coming to visit Uncle Creede? I can't wait to meet Kiva. We can run in the woods together. Hope to see everyone soon!
Love,
Creede

AVCr8teur said...

She was doing you a favor! You can't have a fly disrupting an important call. :)

Susan Gallacher-Turner and Michael Turner said...

So glad Ruby was able to help you out...catching a fly can't be easy at least not for me! Ruby is such a cutie!!

Copious Couture said...

This is such a cute story!!!!



Carissa