July 11, 2011

Many Thanks To All, From Ruby's Raiser

Last week, I was notified that Raising Ruby has been nominated for not one, but TWO categories in DogTime Media's 2011 Petties Awards. The saying, "It's an honor to be nominated," has never rung more true.

As Ruby's raiser, I'm just a small voice out here in the blogosphere among the pros and heavy hitters, but the voice of Ruby's readership is compelling and means more to me than I can express. The strength and kindness of your words in the entry process have brought Raising Ruby these two nominations, for which I am boundlessly grateful. Your support in this contest has helped me to introduce Ruby's story to an audience I would not otherwise have reached. For this, and for so many other kindnesses, I thank you.

Thank you for your tremendous loyalty over the past two years. Thank you for your awesome support. Thank you for helping me in my mission to raise awareness.

I write this blog in the hope that a friendly little yellow service puppy can help change society's perception of disability. Through my account of Ruby's journey and training, I've hoped to demystify some of the challenges faced by people with disabilities. With education we gain insight, and ultimately the issue of acceptance will cease to be an issue at all.




Raising Ruby
2011 Petties Award Nominee "Best Blog Post" and "Best Cause Related Blog"
Click here and vote twice daily until July 29:  Enter the Petties

Winners of each category are honored with a $1,000 donation to the shelter/rescue of their choice. Our chosen organization is Golden Retriever Rescue of the Rockies. Many thanks to DogTime Media for this opportunity and their generosity.




11 comments:

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

We will keep voting, please do keep reminding us to do so. We would so love to see Ruby and you win.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Tamara said...

I'll keep voting too...Would LOVE to see you win both or either award :)

Ruby's Raiser said...

Thanks to your support and friendship, Ruby and I have already won so much! :)

Amy said...

Well deserved! I'm voting, voting, voting. =)

Anonymous said...

Delurking to tell you how much I enjoy your posts and learning about service dogs. Best of luck to you and Ruby!

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

We continue to vote a couple of times daily:)

Mogley G. Retriever said...

Boy, it is exciting for you to be nominated. We will work hard to get everyone to vote, early and vote often. Chicago rules for this election!

Mogley G. Retriever

browndogcbr said...

Hi Y'all,

We're busy votin'!

Thanks for followin'.

Y'all come back now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

scotsmad said...

Hi Ruby, thanks for stopping by our blog. We love meeting new friends.

We voted for you again today and will try to remember to do so every day. We hope you win. It's such a good cause.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Ruby's Raiser said...

There is so much awesomeness in the blogosphere! Thanks to all! :D

Susan Gallacher-Turner and Mike Turner said...

Congratulations on your nomination...I love your blog, the hard work that you've done raising ruby and how open and warmly you share your story here.

I voted for you...Good Luck!