June 10, 2011

Photo Pupdate: Laundroo

You can imagine how excited I was to see this downy snoot in my inbox!


Hi, baby! What a good girl. The dryer opening is low and can be challenging to reach, so as a service dog in training to assist a person with a mobility-related disability, Ruby is learning to make tasks like laundry a little bit easier.

I adore this photo because Roo was always a big help with the laundry when she lived with me. Of course, her idea of help was mostly to poke around the hamper for a good, chewy sock.

But one time, well, make of this what you will. I was upstairs in the bedroom getting dressed for an evening out. Roo disappears, then comes prancing back in with a present: an undergarment of mine that she had snoodled out of a folded basket of clothes in the downstairs laundry room. She waited for me to take it from her, and I laughed and thanked her. Then she leaves again and a minute later I look down and there she is, wagging her tail, with a pair of pantyhose dangling from her muzzle.

I know. All just a complete coincidence...right?


Many thanks to the ever-thoughtful Sue for keeping us pupdated with photos and to Ruby's advanced trainer for the wonderful work she is doing with Ruby.

8 comments:

Sierra Rose said...

Wonderful! So great to catch a glimpse of what Roo is up to!
Feel free to stop by sometime :)

Sweet hugs,
Sierra Rose

Erin and Co. said...

LOL Yay for a Roo update :)

Anonymous said...

Go Ruby!! So glad to hear her training is going well. Been thinking of her since hearing that Rowena (her sister) has been paired up. Not sure whether to hope she succeeds or that she doesn't, so she can come back to you! I know you want her to succeed, though, and she'll be a wonderful help to someone who really needs it.

Tamara

Katianne said...

This picture made my day! Yay, Ruby.

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Ha - Mom wants to know if Ruby irons too? She could use some help with that:)

How wonderful to see your special girl being so helpful.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Fiona, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Does she fold laundry? Mom's a complete failure at that... Heehee! Nice work, Roo!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

Lisa, Ellie and Hosta said...

so proud of rudy

1000 Goldens said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh Roo-Roo! Her sweet eyes in that picture, like "Look Mom, I'm helping!" Good girl Ruby :)