October 15, 2010

We Love Nordies

If you're a future Service Puppy Raiser, here's a tip. When you train your puppy in the mall, if that mall has a Nordstrom, do yourself a favor and begin there. It's just so...pleasant.



Under the undies.


Cute pup...but really just an excuse to take a picture of THOSE BOOTS.


Going to stores with Ruby is one of the things I'll miss most. She's great company – calm, interested, patient, and fun. It's like shopping with a good friend.

I decided to celebrate my pal's retail success by taking her to lunch. Just us girls. Well, she really needs the practice. And Nordstrom's turkey & cranberry on multi-grain happens to be very delicious.

Going up!


Staying put under tables in restaurants for entire meals is not yet Ruby's strong suit – she's very nosy! I've seen a big change over the past few weeks, though, where I can tell she's really trying. She gets squirmy, but works hard to control herself and remain under...


...or at least close to...or at least in the vicinity of...the table.


Thanks to our friend, Lea, from Embrace Pet Community (who witnessed this squirrelly Roo behavior at the Petties Awards luncheon), I crack up every time Ruby assumes this position. Lea has christened it "Ruby's 'Tocks" – an instant classic!

11 comments:

Kristine said...

Awww, what great photos. You have done such an amazing job with her.

Rachel said...

Oh how big she has gotten! She really makes those boots look good too!

leamaxwell said...

I love the 'tocks! I can't take credit for the word-it's a common theme at cute overload. But, Ruby Roo has very pinchable tocks.

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

The last two pikhs were simply PAWESOME!

Mom says something about the sandwich sounding furry tasty - although she did make a nice turkey salad the other week with khraisins in it!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Susan Gallacher-Turner and Michael Turner said...

How wonderful for you both...a girl's day 'out'. LOL...I love the shot of Ruby under the table and I know how hard it is for a lab to resist the temptation of any kind of food. My Jilly is lying beside me right now, hoping, drooling for some cast off from my lunch. :)

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Mom loves Nordies too, but they took away the baby grand:( It was so nice to sit and listen to it after a long day at the mall.

Ruby sure gets around - lunch at Nordstrom's - lucky girl!!!

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Lori Jablons said...

This is perfect! I'm glad Roo loves boots as much as we do. She's a total girl.

1000 Goldens said...

She is the perfect shopping girlfriend, no doubt. I LOVE the last picture :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I was shopping with you girls.

Ruby we loved all your pictures

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Oh, it's so hard to not check things out and sniff around. You're such a good girl, Ruby.

Roxanne @ Champion of My Heart said...

That underwear shot is a classic. Indeed, I hope Ruby's future partner is a shopper. She's made for it.