August 30, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award

Everyone loves a surprise and I've received a really nice one from Deborah Flick at Boulder Dog – the Most Versatile Blogger Award! Deborah is a fellow Colorado blogger, but we've never met, although I hope to remedy that at BlogPaws West. If you haven't read Boulder Dog yet, definitely click on over. It's very entertaining and full of great insight regarding fearful dogs, gained through her experiences with her sweet girl, Sadie.

Many thanks to Deborah for this award, for her kind words about Raising Ruby, and for helping spread awareness about service dogs.

So let's see. The rules for this award are to share seven things about yourself and then paw the award forward to others. OK, instead of seven, I'm going to share ten things...my Top Ten Favorite Muppets and Why I Love Them!

Cookie Monster – He lives for cookies and I do too!
Kermit – It just takes one small critter to begin something extraordinary.
Beaker – What can I say, I have a thing for scientists. :)
Count Von Count – Well, I hate math but I love bats!
Guy Smiley – He's America's Favorite Game Show Host!
Sam The Eagle – Looks exactly like a nice nun I had in grammar school.
Grover – Like all of us, he makes a lot of mistakes, and that's totally OK.
Oscar – Because sometimes it's just really fun to be really grumpy.
Rowlf – He's a Muppet Dog, so...of course!
The Yip Yips – Stars of my most favorite Muppet skit ever:



Deborah is also a 2010 Petties Award nominee, so to paw this award forward, here's a shout out to all of the blogs in the running this year. If you haven't visited some of them yet, you'll be in for a treat!

Boulder Dog
Fido Friendly
Champion Of My Heart
Fur By J Mikel
Pawcurious
Thoughts Fur Paws
Petiquette
Life With Dogs
The Conscious Cat
Catladyland
My Cat Goma
Sparkle Cat
Conservation Club
Covered In Cat Hair
I Love Rescue Animals

Pawscoop also has some nice interviews with 2010 Petties Nominees (including yours truly) – check 'em out! Just click here.

12 comments:

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Congrats on your award and nice sharing of the Muppets. Mom so wishes they would revive Kermit - she just knows the little bipeds would love him.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Kari in WeHo said...

Congrats on the awesome award!

Clive said...

Congrats on the award!

Murray's Mom used to love the muppets!

take care
Clive and Murray

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award. So so proud of you. Love the muppets. Brought back memories.

Roxanne @ Champion of My Heart said...

See ... I'm totally a Grover girl. The book called The Monster at the End of This Book is the story of my life.

Roxanne @ Champion of My Heart said...

Thanks so much for the mention. Cannot wait to see you/meet you at BlogPaws. I'll be driving into the city and back each day.

Ruby's Raiser said...

Roxanne, I totally agree. Grover is the one nearest and dearest to my heart. :)

1000 Goldens said...

Congratulations on your award! Those are ten great things and the video was a happy memory :)

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Khongrats!

It was awesome to go through The Muppets like that!

I can hear Beaker now!

Deborah Flick said...

Hi there! Thank you for the shout out. Can't wait to meet up at BlogPaws next week in Denver!

Twix said...

Hey Roo! congrats on that great award! Do you have any idea when that skit aired originally? Mom seems to think she remembers it from when she was a kid but I had to remind her that was like 30 years ago (a few more than that actually). I was just wondering if she was crazy or not.
Snuggles,
Twix

Sierra Rose said...

Muppets!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose