May 16, 2010

The Results Of Our Eye Test?


We passed!!! Well, Ruby passed. The doctor confirmed that her eyes are perfectly healthy. If she had failed her tests, she would have been released from the program, so we're very thankful that everything went well.


We went to lunch afterward to celebrate. And celebrate we did, until someone spied another little celebration happening outside the restaurant, and was not at all happy that she couldn't join their party.


In the spirit of this post, let's take a closer look.


I couldn't argue with her, they were having a great time out there. She, however, argued with me. Loudly. This is only the second time she's barked inside a public place (here's the first), and it's absolutely not funny. But it is kind of funny. So as I mortifyingly cringegiggled, I managed to divert her attention away from the dogs and quiet her down.

She was in, they were out, life's not fair.


Many treats were awarded for this indignant resignation. But I can only imagine the kind of dog swears going on behind those big, beautiful brown eyes.

13 comments:

Lisa, Ellie and Hosta said...

YAY - hooray for passing the eye test!!! THat is great news! And, wow, that is hard to be good with other pups so close having so much fun

Lori Jablons said...

Woo-hoo--good job, Ruby! I so enjoy reading about these adventures. I can't wait for you to write a book. :)

The Thundering Herd said...

The hu-dad has been given that glare many a time.

Clyde said...

Good job on the eye exam. I would have been moaning to go outside with those other dogs!

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Congrats on passing the test - looks like a fun one to check out with all those cookie treats.

It must be so hard not to be able to join those other pups.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Twix said...

My mom works for a human eye doc....she is curious how they tested Ruby's eyes. It won't be long and Ruby will see things like that and just walk away.
Snuggles,
Twix

Anonymous said...

SO HAPPY YOU PASSED YOUR EYE TEST. SORRY RUBY, YOU COULD NOT GO OUT TO PLAY TOO, BUT WORK COMES FIRST. LUCKY YOU HAVE KIVA AT HOME TO PLAY WITH.

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Did she have to say which was khlearer
One
or
Two

Three
or
Four

As fur behind brown eyes, my mom wants to know that too!

KHONGRATS!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Carly Findlay said...

She was saying
'mum, can i?
mum, can i?
mum, can i?
mum, can i?
look at their fun mum
mum, can i?
mum, can i?
but muuuuuuum, why can't Iiiiiii?'

So glad she passed her eye test.
What a beautiful girl.

Sierra Rose said...

Yay Ruby!!! So...how many paws am I holding up??? Oh...that might be the 'super powers' test..but, you might just pass!
I do the 'barky' I-wanna-play too...and that's when mom starts having me sit, watch her for a treat game. I often then pay more attention..tough with action going on :)

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Alphini's Puppy Raiser said...

Great news on the eye test!! YAY!
It IS a bummer to feel like you're missing out on a party, Ruby...but look at it this way, THOSE dogs have probably never gotten to tour the Kong factory! ;-)

Susan Gallacher-Turner and Michael Turner said...

Glad she passed her eye test!
Ahh, poor Ruby, she doesn't get to play with the other doggies!

But, as a dog lover, dog owner and strict trainer of my own dog, congrats on keeping to your training with Ruby. She may not understand...I love her expression...but she'll be all the better for it. I can't tell you how much I admire your dedication and training!

becka said...

Oh my goodness... cutest sentiment EVER: "and it's absolutely not funny. But it is kind of funny."

Thanks for sharing! It's good to have others out there sharing the good and bad of all this crazy puppy raising stuff.

Love from Sacramento,
Becka and Beale (KSDS, Inc., military litter)
failuresofapuppyraiser.com